Project Profile #1
- Four stories, 220,000 square foot, Class-A office building, multi-tenant, multi-zone HVAC with lighting environment.
- New construction 220,000 square foot office building with state-of-the-art Building Automation Controls.
- Phase and coordinate installation for this fast track project and tenant fit-outs.
- Allow flexibility in the system to accommodate multiple tenants.
- Create a system that allows different manufacturers equipment to be integrated into one automation system.
- Create a system with Web-Point Control Access for tenant overtime requests.
- Create monthly bills of overtime usage.
- Allow flexibility and expandability for future needs.
- Obtain substantial rebates from the local utility company on behalf of our client.
- Lizardos Engineering, LLC. Was the consulting engineer firm hired to specify the BAS System, Advanced Control Solutions worked with Lizardos to develop solutions and assist in the design for this project.
- Advanced Control Solutions was the controls contractor hired to install the building automation system.
- Design a Teletrol E Building Web based control system.
- Design a LON/BACnet Network integrating the Trane rooftop units seamlessly into the BMS system, a substantial savings in the thousands for our client.
- Design a BACnet Network integrating lighting control seamlessly into the system allowing tenants to have control of their lighting, reducing their operating costs and saving energy.
- Design a single point of entry Web-Point Control System for tenant overtime and billing.
- Design an interface to control the boiler plant and related pumps serving the perimeter fan powered mixing boxes.
- Obtain a LIPA rebate to offset the cost of the project.
Location: Melville, New York
Project Type: New Construction
Building Size: 220,000 sq.ft.
Building Usage: Multi-tenant office environment
Objectives: User-friendly system, decrease maintenance and energy use, Owner and
andtenant comfort, Tenant Web-Point Control with tenant overtime billing.
Design Considerations: LON/BACnet Trane rooftop integration, Web-Point control access and
Major Decision Drivers: Interoperability, flexibility, expandability
HVAC Controls: Teletrol E Building Control System
Controls Contractor: Advanced Control Solutions